Where Can I Find Dual Diagnosis Treatment in Palm Beach?Get Help Now
When you struggle with addiction and mental illness at the same time, finding comprehensive and integrated care is crucial for a successful recovery journey. Palm Beach offers various treatment options, including inpatient rehab, partial hospitalization programs (PHP), and outpatient programs, that can address both conditions simultaneously. If you or a loved one are searching for dual diagnosis treatment near Palm Beach, please contact our team at Archstone Behavioral Health today to discuss your treatment options.
What is Dual Diagnosis Treatment?
Dual diagnosis treatment is an integrated and comprehensive approach to address individuals who are facing both substance use disorders (SUD) and co-occurring mental health disorders simultaneously. It recognizes the close relationship and common risk factors between addiction and mental health issues, understanding that one can often exacerbate the other, and that both conditions can be treated simultaneously.
Unlike traditional approaches that may treat addiction and mental health issues separately, dual diagnosis treatment integrates both aspects. It aims to identify and address the underlying causes of both the addiction and mental health disorders by exploring past trauma, life experiences, or genetic factors contributing to the dual diagnosis.
Dual diagnosis treatment programs in Palm Beach use a variety of evidence-based approaches, including individual counseling, group therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), and other psychotherapies. These interventions aim to promote recovery and provide healthy coping mechanisms for people struggling with both substance use and mental health challenges.
Common Co-Occurring Disorders
Co-occurring disorders, also known as dual disorders or comorbidity, refer to the presence of both a substance use disorder (SUD) and one or more mental health disorders at the same time in an individual. The 2021 National Survey on Drug Use and Health found that approximately 9.2 million adults in the United States have a co-occurring disorder.
Some of the most common mental health conditions to exist alongside alcohol and drug abuse include:
- Depression – Individuals with depression may turn to alcohol or drugs as a form of self-medication as substances may temporarily elevate mood.
- Anxiety – People with generalized anxiety disorder, social anxiety disorder, and other types of anxiety may abuse substances to temporarily alleviate symptoms.
- Bipolar disorder – The highs and lows associated with bipolar disorder are often linked to self-medication during depressive episodes and risky behaviors (including drug and alcohol use) during manic episodes.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) – Individuals who have experienced trauma leading to PTSD may turn to substances to cope with distressing memories, only to find that substances worsen their condition in the long run.
- Borderline personality disorder (BPD) – BPD, characterized by unstable relationships, self-image, and emotions, is regularly linked to drug and alcohol abuse issues.
Other co-occurring disorders, such as eating disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), and attention-deficit disorder (ADHD) can also be treated at a dual diagnosis treatment program.
Dual Diagnosis Treatment Options in Palm Beach
Dual diagnosis treatment facilities in Palm Beach, FL provide individuals with co-occurring disorders the opportunity to receive comprehensive and integrated care for both substance use and mental health issues, enabling them to regain control over their lives. Different types of programs that offer dual diagnosis treatment include:
Inpatient Rehab for Co-Occurring Disorders
Inpatient rehab provides round-the-clock supervision by trained professionals to ensure a safe and supportive environment. This intensive level of care is particularly beneficial for those requiring close monitoring due to having a severe substance use disorder. Inpatient programs in Palm Beach offer a supportive community to clients who live at the residential property and participate in daily treatment. During inpatient rehab, individuals can focus solely on their recovery without the distractions they would otherwise have from their external environments.
Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHP)
Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHP) offer a middle ground between inpatient and outpatient care. Individuals in PHP receive comprehensive treatment during the day and return home or to a sober living environment in the evenings.
Outpatient programs provide individuals with the flexibility to receive treatment while continuing with their daily responsibilities, such as work or school. This option is suitable for those with a stable living environment and a lower addiction/mental health severity. Outpatient programs can also help ease the transition away from higher levels of care, such as inpatient treatment or PHP.
Qualities to Look for in a Dual Diagnosis Treatment Center in Palm Beach
When finding a dual diagnosis treatment center in Palm Beach, it’s essential to consider the key characteristics that contribute to effective and comprehensive care. Qualities to look for in a program include:
- Accreditation and licensing – Before making your decision, verify that the rehab center holds accreditation and state licenses, ensuring adherence to high standards and ethical practices. Reputable accrediting bodies include CARF and The Joint Commission.
- Experienced staff – Assess the qualifications and experience of the treatment center’s staff, including therapists, counselors, and medical professionals to ensure they have the expertise required to treat dual diagnosis conditions.
- Individualized treatment plans – Personalized treatment is essential for positive treatment outcomes. It’s important that dual diagnosis treatment centers provide each client with a treatment plan tailored to their needs.
- Evidence-based therapies – Evidence-based therapies are proven effective. Choose a center that incorporates evidence-based therapeutic modalities, such as cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) and dialectical behavior therapy (DBT).
- Continuum of care – Individuals with dual diagnosis, in particular, can benefit from a continuum of care. A slow and supported transition between different levels of care supports sustained recovery.
Why Choose Archstone Behavioral Health for Dual Diagnosis Treatment in Palm Beach, FL
Located near Palm Beach, FL, Archstone Behavioral Health is a leading provider of dual diagnosis treatment in the area. We offer a unique blend of expertise, compassion, and commitment to long-term recovery. Recognizing that each person’s situation is unique, our programs are tailored to address your unique situation with addiction and mental health. To learn more about our dual diagnosis treatment programs or to get started with a confidential, risk-free assessment, please contact us today.