What is Heroin Rehab Like in Palm Beach County, FL?Get Help Now
Heroin is a highly addictive opioid drug. In fact, it is so addictive that nearly everyone who uses it becomes addicted. According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), up to 1.1 million people tried heroin in 2021 and 1.0 million were addicted to it.
Although heroin is highly addictive and dangerous, anyone can achieve recovery with the right treatment and support. At Archstone Behavioral Health, we help clients overcome heroin addiction by treating the root causes and providing the intensive, individualized support needed to sustain long-term recovery.
Making the decision to go to rehab can be scary, but heroin rehab centers in Palm Beach Center offer a safe, supportive environment for healing.
What is Heroin Rehab Like?
Treatment looks different for everyone because everyone is unique, with their own individual needs. However, the overall process of heroin rehab may look the same.
Treatment begins with an in-depth assessment of your situation. The clinical team will evaluate your prior treatment history, mental and physical health, substance abuse, and life circumstances. This information is used to craft a customized treatment plan tailored to your needs.
If your assessment reveals that detox is required, you’ll detox in a medically supervised setting to ensure your comfort and safety. Medications may be prescribed to alleviate some of your withdrawal symptoms.
After detox, you’ll transition to a heroin rehab program such as residential treatment or a partial hospitalization program (PHP).
- Residential heroin rehab – Also known as inpatient heroin rehab, is a type of addiction treatment program designed to help individuals who are struggling with heroin addiction. It involves a structured and intensive approach to recovery where individuals live at a treatment facility for a specified period, typically ranging from a few weeks to several months, depending on their needs and progress.
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP) – A partial hospitalization program (PHP) is a structured and intensive outpatient treatment program for individuals with mental health disorders, substance use disorders, or both. PHPs are designed to provide comprehensive care and support while allowing individuals to live at home or in a supportive environment during their treatment.
Clients may have the option to participate in medication-assisted treatment (MAT), a comprehensive approach that combines therapy and counseling with medications like Suboxone and Vivitrol. MAT is often used to treat heroin addiction because it can alleviate withdrawal symptoms and improve treatment outcomes.
Evidence-Based Therapies for Heroin Addiction
At the core of every heroin rehab program in Palm Beach County is therapy. There are many therapies out there, but the most effective ones are evidence-based, meaning they have been proven effective and are tailored to each person’s needs.
A few evidence-based therapies used to treat heroin addiction include:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- Motivational interviewing (MI)
- Contingency management (CM)
- Family behavior therapy
Holistic therapies, such as yoga, art, and meditation may also be incorporated into treatment to support optimal health of the mind, body, and soul.
Encouraging Healthy a Lifestyle During Heroin Addiction Treatment
In addition to treating the behavioral causes of addiction using therapy and the physical symptoms using MAT, heroin rehab centers are also designed to promote a healthy lifestyle. Making lifestyle changes can contribute to long-term recovery and improve overall well-being. Some of the ways a heroin rehab center in Palm Beach County will encourage a healthy lifestyle include:
- Structured daily routines – Rehab centers establish structured daily routines that include therapy sessions, physical activities, nutritious meals, and ample rest. Having a routine helps establish healthier habits and provides a sense of stability.
- Nutritional guidance – Many individuals struggling with addiction neglect their physical health, leading to nutritional deficiencies. Heroin rehab centers offer nutritional guidance and education to ensure clients receive balanced and nourishing meals.
- Exercise – Engaging in regular exercise not only helps clients regain physical health but also releases endorphins, improving mood and reducing stress.
- Life skills training – Palm Beach County rehab centers often provide life skills training, which includes budgeting, time management, job readiness, and interpersonal communication. These skills enable clients to reintegrate successfully into society.
- Peer support – Clients are encouraged to foster relationships with their peers. Community support encourages the adoption of healthier behaviors through peer encouragement and positive role modeling.
What Happens After Heroin Rehab
Going to treatment for heroin addiction is just the beginning. Rehab usually lasts 30-90 days, but recovery is a lifelong journey. As a result, it is vital to maintain a healthy lifestyle and take the proper steps to prevent a relapse.
Before you leave rehab, your counselor will help you create an aftercare plan that supports your situation. For example, if you don’t have access to safe and sober housing, you may be referred to a local sober living facility.
Other forms of aftercare include:
- Continued counseling
- 12-step meetings or other support groups
- Alumni program
- Mental health therapy
- Recovery coaching
Participating in an aftercare plan will help you retain what you learned in rehab so you can stay sober. Fortunately, Palm Beach County has a large and active recovery community. You can find meetings at nearly all hours of the day and many people in the area are in recovery. This vibrant and supportive community is a valuable resource for individuals who are new to recovery.
Start Your Recovery at Our Palm Beach County Heroin Rehab Center
Since 2001, Archstone has been creating customized behavioral health treatments for individuals struggling with mental health disorders and addiction. With our master-level clinicians, luxury facilities, and unique approach, you can rest assured your loved ones are in caring and capable hands. To learn more about our heroin rehab center in Palm Beach County, please contact us today.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA): What is the scope of heroin use in the United States? Retrieved September 2023 from https://nida.nih.gov/publications/research-reports/heroin/scope-heroin-use-in-united-states