How to Find Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) in FloridaGet Help Now
If you or a loved one are struggling with addiction in Florida, it’s important to know that there are effective treatments available that can help you get back on your feet. One of these treatments is known as medication-assisted treatment (MAT), a comprehensive approach that combines addiction treatment with pharmacotherapy. MAT is an option for people who are addicted to alcohol or opioids as the medications used can help alleviate withdrawal symptoms and reduce the severity of cravings.
Choosing the right medication-assisted treatment (MAT) program in Florida is a crucial first step in the journey toward recovery. At Archstone Behavioral Health, we pride ourselves on being one of the most trusted MAT providers in Lantana, Florida and surrounding areas.
What is Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT)?
Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) is an integrated approach to addiction treatment that combines counseling, behavioral therapy, and medications to provide a comprehensive, whole-person approach to care. The medications used in MAT can help alleviate opioid withdrawal, reduce alcohol cravings, and stabilize brain chemistry after addiction.
Medications used to treat opioid use disorder include:
- Methadone – a long-acting opioid used to manage withdrawal symptoms and cravings in opioid use disorder.
- Buprenorphine (Suboxone, Subutex, Sublocade) – a partial opioid that acts similarly to opioids but doesn’t cause euphoria. It can reduce withdrawal symptoms and cravings in people recovering from opioid addiction.
- Naltrexone (Vivitrol) – an opioid antagonist that blocks opioid receptors, reducing cravings and preventing relapse in opioid use disorder.
Medications used to treat alcohol use disorder are:
- Naltrexone (Vivitrol) – for alcohol use disorder, naltrexone works similarly to its use in opioid disorder, reducing cravings and blocking the effects of alcohol.
- Acamprosate – a medication that helps restore chemical balance in the brain to maintain abstinence in people who are recovering from alcohol use disorder.
- Disulfiram – a medication that creates unpleasant effects when alcohol is consumed, discouraging drinking by causing discomfort.
These medications are all most effective when they’re used as part of a complete treatment program that involves counseling, behavioral therapy, and peer support. By addressing withdrawal symptoms and cravings, medications can help individuals put more of their attention and focus into their therapy sessions, promoting more impactful and effective therapy sessions.
Medication-assisted treatment is not a cure or a quick fix, but it is an evidence-based approach that has been shown to reduce the risk of relapse and promote retention in treatment.
Finding Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) Programs in Florida
Finding the right treatment program is an important decision for your recovery. Some factors to consider include:
- Insurance – Addiction treatment is covered by insurance, and in many cases, so are the medications used in MAT. Choosing a Florida MAT provider that is in-network with your insurance will ensure you get the most out of your coverage and help you afford treatment.
- Location – Location is important for two reasons. The first is that the location needs to be practical so you can benefit from outpatient therapy and medication management. The second reason is that the facility should be located in a safe area that won’t be triggering for you.
- Program specialties – Different programs have different specialties. Some have a focus on veterans while others have a focus on mental health. It’s essential to choose the program that best aligns with your needs.
- Amenities – Amenities in MAT programs in Florida might include access to comfortable living accommodations, recreational areas for relaxation, and possibly alternative therapies like art or music sessions to complement the treatment process. Additionally, some programs may offer outdoor spaces or serene environments conducive to recovery. Evaluate the amenities offered to help determine which program best aligns with our lifestyle.
- Custom treatment plans – The ability to tailor treatment plans to individual needs is vital for treatment to be effective. One size doesn’t fit all in addiction treatment, so flexibility based on personal needs is crucial.
- Evidence-based practices – Look for programs that use not only medication but also scientifically proven methods and therapies for treating substance use disorders, such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT).
- Qualified staff and credentials – Ensure the program has licensed medical professionals, counselors, and staff experienced in addiction treatment and MAT.
As a trusted MAT provider in Florida, Archstone Behavioral Health is proud to be your partner in recovery. Call today to get started with an assessment!
Is Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) Right for You?
Everyone is unique and has specific needs when it comes to treatment, so MAT may not be right for everyone. The ideal MAT patient is someone who struggles with addiction to opioids and/or alcohol, because there are only medications available for these types of addictions, and who is committed to attending counseling and behavioral therapy on top of medication management.
You should never start taking any MAT medications unless directed to do so by a licensed healthcare provider.
The best way to find out if MAT is right for you is to consult with an addiction specialist or healthcare provider. Call Archstone Behavioral Health today to speak with an admissions coordinator about our MAT program in Florida.
Lantana’s Trusted Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) Provider
At Archstone Behavioral Health, we take a comprehensive approach to treating addiction, addressing the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual needs of our clients. Whether that’s through medication-assisted treatment (MAT) or behavioral-based approaches, treatment here is tailored to each person’s needs, helping us establish reliable foundations for long-term recovery.
If you or a loved one are interested in MAT or would like to discuss all of your treatment options, please don’t hesitate. Give us a call today to get started.